No file in S3 bucket when upload triggered by js

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I'm using the Direct S3 uploader.  I'm triggering the upload using JavaScript function fired from my custom Upload button.  Everything seems to be working well: I see the progress bar, and I fire the ConfirmJsUploadfunc. No errors are reported.  However when I go to S3 the file is not in the bucket.  If I upload the file using the built in Upload button the file is there.

It seems that your latest version of the FileUploader is doing something wrong when triggered by a javascript call to begin upload (<%MyFlajaxianFileUploader.ClientID%>.startUpload();)

Using Fiddler I was able to capture the following error from S3:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Error><Code>InvalidArgument</Code><Message>Bucket POST must contain a field named 'key'. If it is specified, please check the order of the fields.</Message><ArgumentValue></ArgumentValue><ArgumentName>key</ArgumentName><RequestId>692D8EF2CF7D407F</RequestId><HostId>kbZS1HVo3lmxHXTv7bUoLrXhR2F7ehk7RvSaAph+nRCBepSZXBux+fzsttKz6l7c</HostId></Error>

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I have exactly the same problem, 

I use %MyFlajaxianFileUploader.ClientID%>.startUpload(); to fire the upload right after the user selects files, all goes well, the file is uploaded and ConfirmJsUploadfunc is fired, without any errors. but the file isn't actually uploaded. using fiddler, Get the same message from s3 as previous post.

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Fixed the previous problem by modifying the as code to call this.initiateUpload(); instread of this._files.startUpload(); in startUpload

however now the problem is the brows button does not get disabled, this.setButtons(false, false, true); is being called explicitly.

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Hnafar,

Thanks for looking into this issue.  I'm not an action script developer, could you send to me the entire source code for the Uploader which includes the action script change you made?  You can email it to marat@ucubd.com I'd appreciate it.